You know your property like nobody else.
These TOP 5 bits of information will play a vital part in giving you the driveway you expect.
By discussing the following with our estimator, we will be better able to plan, design and construct the ideal asphalt driveway for you.
- How the water flows through your property after rain? Where does water gather or pool? Taking notes and even photos of this will help us to ensure we excavate the land accordingly and provide extra materials where required. We may even suggest the placement of a drain or water diverter ensure water can still escape efficient and prevent pooling.
- Have you got or are you planning to plant, vegetation, such as bamboo or very invasive trees or shrubs, near where you propose to place your new driveway or path? We will consult with you on the best course of action with surrounding trees and can include tree removal as part of your quote. We can also suggest a professional tree service if you have any large trees that need removal.
- Are you planning on edging your new driveway or path? We suggest you do this after the asphalt has been laid. This will ensure your new edging still looking fresh and will exactly meet your expectations. You will also know what height your edging should be and what will work best once the driveway or path is completed. We can provide a quote, from a professional edging contractor that our company trusts. This will result in a superb finish to your new driveway or path.
- What type of traffic will be using your driveway? If you have trucks (generally over 3 tonne) entering and exiting your property on regular basis we will ensure that your driveway is designed to sustain this. Our Asphalt Driveways Estimator will advise you of the best course to take.
- Would you like your spoil (excavated ground materials) removed or to stay on-site? Some customers opt to keep the spoil to use elsewhere on their property while others are happy for us to remove it.
AND A BONUS TIP
If you are unsure of what the process is or have any questions, feel free to ask at any stage of your driveway or path project. We want you to understand exactly what you will be getting and we pride ourselves on giving honest straight forward advice to our customers.
Contact us now for a FREE quote and to find out how an Asphalt Driveway can transform your home.